The Geopark management is the responsibility of the Council of the province of Caceres. This leading role is closely executed with all the regional partners that have signed the Collaboration Agreement for the Villuercas-Ibores-Jara Geopark Management.
The regional Institutions that participate in the geopark management are:
- The Council of the Province of Caceres.
- The Government of the autonomous region of Extremadura. General Directorates for Environment, Tourism, Rural Development, Education and Cultural Heritage.
- The University of Extremadura.
- The municipalities of the Villuercas-Ibores-Jara region.
- The LEADER Group APRODERVI.
- The Villuercas-Ibores-Jara Geopark Tourism Business Association –Geovilluercas-.
- The Geological Association of Extremadura, AGEX.
All of them are committed in the Geopark objectives and activities. The activities are decided in the Geopark Council in which they participate. They also participate in a Territorial Commission that, monthly, monitor the decisions taken by the Council.
The president of the Council of the Province of Cáceres is the president of the Geopark. He is supported by a technical structure composed of a technical and scientific staff.0