– Geocoexistence. The last one was held in Logrosán. With a great success of participation, almost 1,300 participants between students, teachers and collaborators. The Geological and Mining Museum Vicente Sos Baynat and the Costanaza Mine were visited. The seminar, in the municipal pavilion, served for students from each educational center to present to the others the results of the workshops and activities that they have carried out during the course in relation to the geopark. As on other occasions, staff from the Commonwealth, the town hall and various local associations collaborated, being a great example of union of the territory and educational activity at all levels.
– Geology and paleontology workshops. These are activities that continued during this course with geopark specialists. There is the possibility of visiting the geosites or improving the interpretation capacity of the teaching staff by giving some guidelines on the types of rocks present, paleontology, geological history, the formation of the relief, etc.
– Educational trips, which are organized for educational centers throughout the province of Cáceres together with the Educational Programs Unit of the Provincial Delegation of Education (UPE). With the elaboration of a didactic unit on the heritage of the geopark, twenty centers enjoy a day in the geosites and interpretation centers of their choice, accompanied by one of our activity companies. They have not been able to perform in the last two years, but this one they will return.
– The first “edusite” is the time wall of the Fausto Maldonado School in Cañamero. An educational action on geological time and its milestones in the geopark represented in the schoolyard. This activity will be carried out in all the centers in the form of a series of murals that, together, show the geological, natural and cultural heritage of the geopark not only to our schoolchildren, but also to those who visit our towns.
– Large-format metal maps, with which teachers and students can work with magnets, transparencies, stickers, etc. on the topics they want in a more attractive way.