Spain has 15 UNESCO Global Geoparks:
The Spanish Geoparks Forum is made up of the members of the Global Geoparks Network in Spain:
The duties of the Spanish Geoparks Forum are as follow:
- Promoting and disseminating the activity of the Spanish members of the Global Geoparks Network (GGN) in its cultural and scientific aspects in addition to its applications to territorial development, and maintaining the existing tools (website, social networks, meetings, and open seminars) and those which may be provided in the future.
- Taking part in meetings of scientific, tourist, or educational dissemination or of sustainable development in which information from or the participation of the UNESCO Global Geoparks is required.
- Coordinating common initiatives of the Spanish UNESCO Global Geoparks, favouring their development, and encouraging relationships between their members by means of the organisation of common events and projects.
- Acting as the interlocutor of the Spanish geoparks before those responsible for the GGN and its regional network the European Geoparks Network (EGN) in accordance with their respective statutes and regulations and without detriment to the duties of the Spanish National Committee of UNESCO Global Geoparks.
- Collaborating with the Spanish National Committee of UNESCO Global Geoparks with whatever is required with regard to the duty of work on the network of the Spanish geoparks.
- Organising the annual Open Days which have been held since 2014 in one of the Spanish UNESCO Global Geoparks which are devoted to expounding and discussing the progress and results of each of the geoparks and possibly future projects, and also serve as a vehicle for exchanging information and collaboration.